Vegan Potato Salad - My Original Recipe!

My husband might have been classically trained to be a chef, but I was trained in a household of seven to be a mother, so I know a thing or two about feeding a crowd. This last weekend we had a Kindergarten Graduation party for my two kids at the park, and nearly 50 people RSVP-ed. Being that the event would be held outside, I decided to go vegan with the menu. It worked out great for the sake of cost and avoiding spoilage. Honestly, the only thing I really had to do to make it all vegan was swap out mayo for vegan mayo, use soda in the Duncan Hines cake mixes instead of eggs and oil, and make the frosting out of Crisco and almond milk. So easy, and everyone raved about the food.

Since I was cooking for 50, I made in bulk, so feel free to adjust the proportions to suit your needs! Without further ado:

Jessa's Vegan Potato Salad

Ingredients:
5 lb bag red potatoes
4-6 large carrots, peeled
5-6 celery stalks
1 red pepper
1 c frozen peas
1 small jar veganaise
Mustard to taste
Salt & Pepper to Taste
Paprika

Directions:
Wash, and cut potatoes to desired size; I went with a small-ish dice and left the skin on for color & texture. Boil until tender, drain and allow to cool. While potatoes are boiling, chop other veggies to desired size and boil peas. Combine ingredients, mix thoroughly and refrigerate.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extra Thick Cotton Crochet

Monthly Newsletter - FIRST!

Periodic Update: What even is 2020?