Treasure Hunting for Handmade Gems

When I go hunting for pieces to add to my Vintage Crochet Inventory I look for pieces that were well constructed and have been well cared for. Of course, I'm not going to spill any secrets about where I find these lovely pieces of fiber art, but I will say that I have a favorite that never lets me down. This week I had the chance to stop in while my husband was at an appointment. I came out with an armload of amazing, vintage, handmade afghans which have been freshly laundered and listed for sale. Check them out!

This popcorn stitch baby afghan is seriously beautiful! The Hubs kept saying it looks like Fruit Loops in milk...and I can't argue! Shades of pink, blue, green and yellow with white variegated acrylic yarn. So bright, soft and in excellent condition. No pilling, stains, tears, holes or pulls. Get it on Etsy or make a bid on eBay.
Believe it or not, I actually bought a KNIT blanket. I know, I know. How could I? Well, just look at it! Pastel yellow with such an interestingly textured stitch. Perfectly gender neutral, so it's perfect for any expectant parent. Get it here on Etsy or make a bid on eBay.
This beautiful long throw blanket is in such good shape and is ridiculously soft. One of my favorite things about crochet blankets is their ability to regulate temperature. The open design of this shell pattern is going to make for the best napping blanket ever! It measures 26 inches wide by 60 inches long, so it's great for throwing over the back of any couch or comfy chair. Light blue/periwinkle in color. Get it here on Etsy or make a bid on eBay.
Couldn't resist this box-stitch crochet baby afghan, either. It is so beautiful in baby blue with a subtle sparkle. Another perfectly gender-neutral blanket option for the next baby shower you'll inevitably attend. UPDATE 8/16/14: This beauty has been sold!

Thanks for looking, Loves!
Always Yours,
The NWB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extra Thick Cotton Crochet

Monthly Newsletter - FIRST!

Periodic Update: What even is 2020?