Crochet Coasters

It's no secret that I LOVE COTTON a lot. Also, I'm actively counting down the days until Halloween (80 as of today, in case you were wondering). Halloween is my holiday; every other holiday is basically "meh."

I'm starting to ramp up my Halloween inventory, starting first with this four piece set of crochet coasters/scrubbies:

These things make for the best coasters ever! 100% cotton is absorbent and soft, so they're good for protecting table and countertops from the dreaded cup ring. They also work to clean up an errant ring before it causes any damage! In fact, these four-inch pads are great as scrubbies, too, and they work on even the most sensitive of skin. Get them on Etsy here.

As my hubby (bless his heart) has pointed out to me before, I have a serious yarn problem. I tend to buy yarn when it's on sale without having any sort of plan for what to do with it. I know I'm not the only one (can I get an AMEN, fellow yarn addicts?). Cotton yarn is particularly hard for me to resist, and so recently I ended up with two skeins of Lion Brand Lion Cotton in Avocado. How could I resist taking it literally?
Nailed it. Get them in a set of 6 on Etsy here, or as a set of 4.

Turns out that Avocado green is also perfect as a Halloween color! Check out my first freehand attempt at Frankenstein's Monster as a coaster:

Cute, eh? I left my black cotton yarn at home today, though, so I can't finish him. I think I'll be writing up the pattern though, just as soon as I figure out what to do for the eyes. Also, I'll be adding some neck bolts, obviously. Stay tuned for the completed piece.

Thanks for looking, Loves!
Always Yours,
The NWB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extra Thick Cotton Crochet

Monthly Newsletter - FIRST!

Periodic Update: What even is 2020?