2014 Year in Review

Well, it's December 31 of my first official year of operation; I officially launched my Etsy store at the end of March. The first official sale occurred on March 31, 2014 and is actually a pretty funny story: my college roommate scooped up one of the very first vintage afghans I listed for her gender-neutral nursery without even realizing that she was buying it from me. That's the beauty of the internet, I guess LOL!

After that first sale, business was slow going until about August. Just when I was starting to lose faith in the whole online retail business thing, vintage blankets started flying out of inventory via eBay and Etsy sales. October was a particularly good month thanks to a bunch of handmade capes that the lovely and talented Taiza P contributed to the handmade inventory and the Jack Skellington Beanie. November and December weren't bad either, thanks to the Crochet Death Star pillow that everyone loves and needs.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the first official year of business for The NorthWesternBelle.


YTD Etsy Stats
According to my own records, between Etsy and eBay the NWB brought in $1,125.75 in revenue and $708.74 in profit this year. Not bad! I trust that 2015 will be much better, and not just because of the momentum I'm seeing now. My hubby will be getting funding for the software he's developing early in the year, so that's exciting! Perhaps by next time this year I will be planning to leave my full time job for the wonderous world of self-employment. In the mean time, it's back to crafting for this girl!

Have a safe and happy new year!

Thanks for looking, Loves!
Always Yours,
The NWB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extra Thick Cotton Crochet

Monthly Newsletter - FIRST!

Periodic Update: What even is 2020?