Handmade Crochet Handbag with Adjustable Strap - Crocodile Stitch Purse

UPDATE: So, Taiz loved this bag so much that she refused my attempts to convince her that she needs a bigger one. So, this item is currently out of stock. I'm getting started on more ASAP. June/July are traditionally busy months for my family, so I'm working on more inventory as I can. Message me through ETSY if you just can't stand to wait...these things work up relatively quickly and I'll stay up all night if I have to ;-)

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the Crocodile stitch so much! My BFF, the lovely Taiza P., fell in love with the clutch design and asked me to make her one in green and pink. So, of course I bought copious amounts of the colors because I suspect everyone is going to want one! Also, I added the eggshell (off white), because I think that the crocodile stitch is really wasted unless you use as many different colors as possible. This particular bag turned out a bit smaller than any of the previous ones, so I opted to sell it and make a bigger one for Taiza. Instead, I put an adjustable strap (four button holes, two vintage buttons) on it so that any girl or woman could use it comfortably. I imagine an excited niece loving this bag so much! You can get it now on Etsy.
The main compartment is 6.5" by 5", which is the smallest in the Crocodile series so far.

The rose applique is pink and white.

Seriously loving this color combination. 

The two buttons are vintage, and there are four button holes for adjusting the strap's length. It's pretty, frilly and fun. The 10 year old girl in my wants it so much.

The inspiration for the Crocodile Clutch collection came from this free pattern by My Merry Messy Life. She makes a panel of scales, then whip-stitches a sheet of hdc stitches to it to form the bag. With her front-post technique for making the scales, this does result in a pretty secure compartment, but I wouldn't trust small earrings, for example, not to fall out. So, I prefer to make the bag separately and attach the panel of scales so that it is a feature instead of a functional part of the bag.

Thanks for looking, loves!
Always yours,
The NWB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extra Thick Cotton Crochet

Monthly Newsletter - FIRST!

Periodic Update: What even is 2020?