Baby Polar Fleece Tie Blankets

I love to buy craft supplies. Yes, it sounds like a confession because it is a confession. I seriously might have an addiction to yarn, not to mention my affinity for pens & markers, and my love for quality paper knows no bounds. And yet, years and years of conservative upbringing means that I'm a bargain-shopper extraordinare! The resistance to paying full price for anything is strong with this one. My inability to resist a good deal for craft supplies is probably genetic. That's why places like Tuesday Morning are so dangerous for me. There's been one less than 20 feet from my office building for a few years now, but I only just went in for the first time early this year. On my very first visit I found bamboo/wool and Peruvian Wool yarn for $2 a skein. So, naturally I bought out the entire inventory. I even went back several times to make sure I'd gotten it all. I go back at least once a week now, just to see if anything else like that pops up. Currently they've got pre-cut quilting fabric for sale at prices lower than even The-Big-Box-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named.

Anyhow. The first step to solving a problem is admitting there is one, right? Right. Except there is no cure for my addiction...unless more craft supplies can be considered a cure.

As an experienced bargain shopper, I've always been disappointed with the prices at big-name fabric and craft stores. So, these days I do a lot of my craft-supply buying online. Amazon is amazing & worth every penny of the recently-increased annual membership fee for Prime. Speaking of which, I just bought this amazing cutting mat that was originally $53 on Amazon for $18. So, for craft & art supplies that I buy all the time, Amazon is amazing.

Fabric, on the other hand, can't really be left up to chance. It needs to be felt and handled before committing. I guess if you're a total pro and know everything there is to know about every kind of fabric because you've used them all, online buying is probably a breeze. That's not my story, though. I've pretty much just always bought fabric based on aesthetics, and even then my experience is limited. So, I have to visit the fabric store if I get the hankering to make a quilt.

Trying to make money off handmade goods is hard enough, so I'm always casing the local fabric stores (and Tuesday Morning) for steals. Last time I was at the Hancock Fabrics I found two cuts of red polar fleece that were practically the same size (one was .75, the other .722) in the odd-end bin. The BFF and I went into the store because their giant "CLOSEOUT SALE" banner had been up for a few weeks. The items in the "sale" weren't all that impressive, but all together the polar fleece pieces cost me $7.50. And, they yielded two practically identical tie blankets that are the perfect size for babies.
Gotta get in on that world cup fever! 
Both blankets measure about 24" square.
I love making tie blankets because they are quick, soft, durable and indispensable; my nephew has put his through hell in 7 years, but its still going strong. The fringe is a little stretched and skewampus, but it's fine. The blanket is still warm and soft as it ever was!
The set of them would be great for anyone expecting twins, but any experienced parent will tell you that having a spare around is life-saving when it comes time to wash baby's favorite blanket.

Get them individually for $15 a piece or buy both for $25. If you buy both the difference will be refunded ASAP; Etsy doesn't make it terribly easy to put different price options on the same listing.

Thanks for looking, loves!
Always yours,
TheNWB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extra Thick Cotton Crochet

Monthly Newsletter - FIRST!

Periodic Update: What even is 2020?