Don't Panic: It's ALREADY MARCH!

So, round about the 10th of last month I started writing a post that never got completed. That's NOT going to happen this time! At least, you know, I hope not. It's the busy season at my full-time gig, so down time available for blogging is hard to come by.

You will be happy to hear that we've only been neglecting the blog so far in 2015. We've been keeping plenty busy with custom cape orders and a couple of custom afghans. I've also resumed my weekly appointment to play in the mud thanks to my amazing hubby. More on that later! First, custom order recap.

Early in January I received a message through Facebook asking about making custom capelets for some professional cosplayers. We had black fabric on hand, so the construction was inexpensive and quick! They ordered three elbow length black capelets with oversized hoods, and the always-amazing Taiza P. was actually able to create two extra! They need to be photographed and listed for sale...I'll get around to that eventually. The women that purchased them turned out to be local professional mermaids, and they showed up to pick up the capes dressed as such. It totally made my day.

Also so far this year: a custom burlap cape in black, an order for two Mermaid Me Afghans (pattern by Felted Button), and we're currently working on a bulk cape order. 15 black capes with vinyl symbols. Here's the sketch that Taiza created:
This will be my first foray into the world of heat-transfer vinyl. Let's hope I don't seriously mess it up! Thankfully I've got a friend who owns a vinyl cutter who is willing to cut 15 of the same symbol for me for practically nothing.

And in even more exciting news, after a four year hiatus I am back in my weekly pottery class! My hubby is amazing (have I mentioned that he's amazing?), and got me re-enrolled as an anniversary gift. I can't tell you how stoked I am to be playing in the mud again, so I'll just show you:


Posted to my personal instagram with the caption "In my natural state...covered in mud."

I threw four pieces during my first class, three of which have survived thus far. I've already got a list of things to be made for my loved ones, including a desk caddy for my amazing hubby (seriously, he's amazing), which I got started on last week during class #2. After just two classes I've got five viable pieces!
Clockwise from left: two mugs and a bathroom caddy from class number 1 survived the trimming process! The mugs even got cool twisted handles. Successfully threw two more cups for the office caddy, the smaller one off-the-hump. 
The good news is that throwing clay is a lot like riding a bike! Before I left to have my baby in 2011, I'd spent the previous two years learning the basics. Thankfully, those skills weren't diminished by lack of use, and I got right back to it with ease. Tomorrow is class #3, during which I'm hoping to finish the office caddy. So, stay tuned for a lot more pottery from The NWB.

Thanks for looking, Loves!
Always Yours,
The NWB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extra Thick Cotton Crochet

Monthly Newsletter - FIRST!

Periodic Update: What even is 2020?