March 2015: Cape Update

March has been keeping me busy! We're still working on the Custom Sigil Cape order, which should be complete this week. I really lucked out finding a crafty friend to cut the vinyl and give me pointers for ironing it on (parchment paper is apparently better than the expensive Teflon sheets that are sold specifically for this purpose). I'll be going at the first one tonight; it will be my first attempt at applying heat-transfer vinyl, so wish me luck!

Speaking of capes, we've been getting a lot of hits on Etsy for "white cape," so I implored the lovely and talented Taiza P. to create one. Unsurprisingly, she did not disappoint:


My friends are so beautiful :) This is the wonderful and amazing Dia, who was kind enough to let us use her beauty to market our handmade goods. Pretty sure she could pull anything and everything off.  This particular cape has an extra-large hood and is very flowy! It's perfect for a ghost or a spirit of any sort. I suspect it will sell quickly once I get it listed.

While we had her, Dia was kind enough to model one more item for us; I mentioned in the last post that we'd made some capelets for a group of local cosplayers. We ended up with two extras, which will be listed for sale on Etsy just as soon as I get them measured. They're made from the same material but in reverse, so one is glossy and the other is matte. Dia wore them both amazingly.

Gloss & Matte

So, that's it for capes at the moment! I should have some photos of the Sigil capes soon. They'll be completed and shipped off by the end of this week.

Thanks for looking, Loves!
Always Yours,
The NWB


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extra Thick Cotton Crochet

Monthly Newsletter - FIRST!

Periodic Update: What even is 2020?