My Husband, the Chef - Part 1 - Vegan Asian Pasta Salad

Those of you who know me have probably heard me rave about how well we eat at my house. It shouldn't be surprising, seeing as I married a man who was professionally trained to cook delicious food. Instead of just bragging about it, though, I'm going to start writing down his on-the-fly recipes to the best of my abilities. He doesn't like me shoving the camera in his face while he's cooking, though, so I'm going to have to figure out a photography situation. I'll get on that.

In the mean time, we made three different types of pasta salad for easy lunches and snacking this week. Today, I'm having Asian Pasta Salad, and it is delicious! Not to mention it is totally easy to make, store and eat, as well as inexpensive. Also (don't tell him this), it's totally vegan. Enjoy!







Asian Pasta Salad

Ingredients:
1 lb pasta, cooked al-dente & chilled (we used Kroger Penne)
3-4 medium sized carrots, peeled & julienne-chopped
1/2 lb shelled edamame
1 can sliced water chestnuts, roughly chopped
Half package of Enoki mushrooms
Sesame Oil
Soy Sauce
Parsley Flakes (optional)

Preparation:
Cook pasta according to instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water, then immerse in salted ice-bath to finish cooling. Transfer to large mixing bowl and dress with sesame oil. Add carrots, edamame, water chestnuts, mushrooms and parsley flakes (optional). Add soy sauce and Shiitake & Sesame dressing to taste. Mix well. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to five days.

What do you think??

Stay tuned for more original recipes by my husband, the chef.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extra Thick Cotton Crochet

Monthly Newsletter - FIRST!

Periodic Update: What even is 2020?