Last Week's Round Up

ICYMI: I covered all the big news in Issue 1 of the NWB Monthly Newsletter last week..

I was able to spend about six hours total in the studio last week, which is triple the time I have been averaging per week. It was so awesome. I got so much accomplished. Nearly too much, to be honest, because I'm going to be burning through clay at this rate. I plan to recycle as much as I can to be efficient, but it is still $20 per 25 lbs, and I don't love working with anything less than 2 lbs at a time.

Tuesday night is my regular class, which runs from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. I got to the studio around 2:30 and was there until 6:40, because it was also Halloween. It was also a potluck, to which my awesome teammate brought tasty beer!
So tasty!

In those hours I trimmed a set of square bowls that I had thrown two weeks previously. Their altered forms and a bit-too-dryness complicated matters, and two of the five did not survive. One cracked at the rim, the other flew off the wheel while I was trying to center it.

These three made it to the greenware shelf.
I also trimmed a set of small dishes that were thrown off the hump. They were a bit too dry as well--a problem that I'm not going to have any more!--and I punched through the center bottom of one of them with the first mark. So, two survived.

Just realizing that this is not a stellar photo....oh well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extra Thick Cotton Crochet

Monthly Newsletter - FIRST!

Periodic Update: What even is 2020?