Spearmint Green Sea Life Vase - The Sea Life Series

Buy this vase now on Etsy.

Welcome! This little vase is too beautiful not to share. It is the first one in my Sea Life series that got a straight glaze dip for decoration, and I gotta say; it slays.


This was the first Sea Life piece that got a straight glaze dip for decoration. Since then (early 2019), I've dipped a few more Sea Life pieces in this particular glaze simply because it is so perfect.

It's called Spearmint, and it is made by local pottery genius and my friend, Clay Liston. Yes, his name really is Clay, and he's been doing pottery for 30+ years. He makes amazing pots and even more amazing mid-fire glazes in Utah. Check him out on Instagram @claliston.

Anyway, Spearmint is particularly perfect for my Sea Life pieces because it pools blue where it is thick and stays a lovely translucent green where it is thinner. The green is reminiscent of a cone 10 Celedon, except there is much more depth and variety in this particular mid-fire glaze than I've ever encountered in a high fire reduction Celedon green.

I actually filmed myself sculpting this one! Even more amazingly, I turned it into an actual video. I do that sometimes. It's remarkably stress-relieving to watch, even for me! Pottery is so very zen.



It's also now available for sale on Etsy, along with two other Sea Life Vases.

I'm working on more of this type of thing, only slightly smaller and more focused. Follow me on Instagram for the latest! Tuesdays are still my pottery days, and this week it may be my only one (the horror!).

In addition to the Sea Life stuff, I'm working on a bunch of Skull of My Enemy mugs and have two in stock on Etsy right now! Plus, I've got four gravy boats in process at Pioneer Craft House. You can check out parts 1 and 2 of that project on my IGTV channel.

Thanks for all your support & love! Have a fantastic day, my friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extra Thick Cotton Crochet

Monthly Newsletter - FIRST!

Periodic Update: What even is 2020?