Weekend Recap: October is Going to be a Good Month!

I love October. I do! It's true. I love it a lot because it means that a) I can start wearing comfy sweaters again and b) HALLOWEEN is coming! And this October I've got a new reason to love it: sales!

On Tuesday of last week (September 30) I told Taiza P. that the first pre-made cape would sell on Etsy before the end of the week. And I was right! It's like I've got ESPN or something. We actually sold two capes; this lovely sheer striped one that Taiz made a few years back:

And the custom Skeletor cape was paid for and shipped out.
I might love this picture of my hot hubby modeling it for us too much. He was pretty stoked that we were making a Skeletor cape.

Also, I ended up making TWO (yes, TWO) mini Death Star Plushes last week. I really love making them, and can pretty much get one completed in a day (granted my three year old can be persuaded to entertain himself).

On my first mini death star I stitched the trench in with the details. On the one above (and the other one that was made this weekend), I built the trench into the actual body of the plush. I think I like it better this way, I'll continue doing it like this. I might also reverse the colors on the next one: do a lighter body with the details stitched on in the darker gray. So much possibility =D

Lastly, I sent this great handmade quilt off to a lucky Ebayer in TX:

This great Autumn quilt was created by the lovely Taiza P. and her mom a few years ago. I'm so glad that it's off to a new home where it can be loved!

So far, October 2014 has been a great month, and it's only the 5th! I'm sure looking forward to what the rest of the month has in store for us! Stay tuned :)

Thanks for looking, Loves
Always Yours,
The NWB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extra Thick Cotton Crochet

Monthly Newsletter - FIRST!

Periodic Update: What even is 2020?