NERD ATTACK!

That's no moon...

It's my new favorite crochet item EVER!

So, the fabulous George Takei posted a picture of a crocheted Death Star pillow a few days back on his Facebook page. Basically everyone I know proceeded to send it to me/post it on my FB page/ask me about making one. The nerd in me couldn't resist. She never can.

I seriously am in love with this tiny one. It's approximately 6" across (16" circumference). I made it using the Mathematically Perfect Sphere pattern I found on Pinterest. The super laser is just a flat circle, and I stitched on the details based on Google Images of the Death Star. I'm keeping this one for myself because I love it so much. It seriously makes my nerd heart swoon.

I did also manage to locate the pattern for the pillow-sized one that Mr. Takei loved so much, and BONUS! It was free on Ravelry (pattern by Patricia Castillo). It's taking me a bit longer to finish, since it's going to end up being about 25" in circumference. And I've run short of polyfil stuffing, which has to start going in before the piece is finished. Amazon will be delivering it tomorrow, so I should be finished with the big one by tomorrow evening. It's going to be amazing.

Three people have already asked me about buying the pillow-sized version, and one person is interested in the mini one, too. I'm considering just taking Paypal orders for them at this point, though I intend to create a made-to-order listing on Etsy for it too. I want to make a size smaller than the mini, perhaps as a cat toy. The hubby is convinced that this and nerd items like it will be my ticket to success with handmade goods. I sure hope he's right!

Thanks for looking, Loves!
Always Yours,
The NWB



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extra Thick Cotton Crochet

Monthly Newsletter - FIRST!

Periodic Update: What even is 2020?