Skeletor Cape - Our First Custom Order!

The NWB received its first custom order request this weekend!

We received a message on Friday afternoon about creating a custom cape in purple burlap. It's going to be for a Skeletor costume, which makes me ridiculously happy! I knew my nerdy people would find us eventually! The customer sent me two photos for reference (as if I needed them!)

Without any on hand, Taiza P. and I headed out in search of purple burlap at our local fabric stores. Unfortunately, we had no luck. Fortunately, though, Taiza did have a perfectly purple polyester on hand, which she turned into this cape in record time:
My hubby was kind enough to be our Tough Guy model :)

This cape is much lighter than a burlap one would be, and is going to be easier to wear. We figured that even if our Skeletor client didn't want it, someone would, but the consensus opinion is that this is perfect for Skeletor!

As luck would have it, the client likes this one! It is definitely going to be less scratchy, and the way the polyester drapes is spot on.

A friend of ours also asked about a Red Riding Hood (from Once Upon a Time) Cape. Hopefully we will be going on that one soon, so stay tuned!

Thanks for looking, Loves!
Always Yours,
The NWB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extra Thick Cotton Crochet

Monthly Newsletter - FIRST!

Periodic Update: What even is 2020?