Abstract Cats - My New Favorite Stitch!

If it weren't for YouTube, I'd still be crocheting in straight rows and nothing else. I'll just get that out there up front. I love YouTube for the fact that it hosts videos of ANYTHING you might be interested in learning how to do.

Along those lines, I was recently randomly browsing crochet videos and came across this video by the Crochet Geek that I instantly fell in love with. Crochet cats? Sign me up!

I gave it a shot yesterday; the video is a bit long winded for me, so I went to the web site and found the written instructions. It's basically three rows of shell stitches (2 DC Sl 2 DC) in each color with a drop stitch for the arms on the first row. They really do look like cats!
So awesome! This reds with gray combination was turned into an infinity scarf...Infinite Cats!

So awesome. I'll be getting this beauty listed on Etsy ASAP! I've also already got plans for an afghan for my BFF, who is a self-proclaimed crazy cat lady. The scarf ended up only taking me a day or so to complete, so I figure a throw or lap-sized afghan should only take a few weeks. Her birthday is Nov. 2, so I gotta go get the colors she wants quick. That'll be on the weekend's agenda.

Thanks for looking, Loves!
Always Yours,
The NWB

UPDATE 10/1/14: It's for sale now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extra Thick Cotton Crochet

Monthly Newsletter - FIRST!

Periodic Update: What even is 2020?