August Recap: Money in the Bank!

It's officially September, which is totally weird, because I swear it was just barely May like two days ago. Strangely enough, I'm actually kind of excited for the cold weather this year. Perhaps because I turned 29 this year (the first time), the novelty of summer wore off more quickly than in previous years, and now I'm actually excited for the cold weather! That never happens. I'm a summer baby (literally), and I've worshiped the sun my whole life, but now I'm ready for cozy sweaters and warm food and, mostly, HALLOWEEN! Can. Not. Wait.

Anyhow. August was an amazing month for The NWB! I'll admit that I was starting to lose faith at the beginning of the month, thinking that this whole online retail thing was too much work for not enough reward. Well, I was wrong. Gloriously, awesomely, thankfully wrong.

Five vintage afghans and one handmade baby quilt were sold between eBay and Etsy in August, plus a few pieces of clothing that I happened to have laying around. After all the fees, inventory and shipping costs I made close to $200 for the month. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself!

September is starting out the right way too! Sold this beautiful orange, yellow & multicolor vintage afghan last night to lucky Linda in CA:

Shipping it out today along with this one that was the last official sale in August:

I suspect that more and more of these beautiful vintage blankets will be sold now that the weather has taken a turn for cold. Speaking of which, does anyone else feel like it went from Summer to Sweater Weather exactly on September 1? It can't just be me...

So, here's to another fantastic month! I measured and photographed the new additions to our afghan inventory, so I will be getting them listed over the next few days. Stay tuned!

Thanks for looking, Loves!
Always Yours,
The NWB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extra Thick Cotton Crochet

Monthly Newsletter - FIRST!

Periodic Update: What even is 2020?